Pivotel Satellite Pty Limited (‘Pivotel’) is a rurally focused telecommunications company offering value for money communications services differentiated by the high quality of our customer service and our operational excellence.
We own and operate the Pivotel mobile satellite telecommunications business in Australia, and resell Iridium mobile satellite services, Vodafone 3G and 2G GSM services, and Telstra 2G GSM services.
We are Committed To Protecting Your Privacy
Pivotel Satellite is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information.
We Comply With Australian Privacy Laws
Pivotel Satellite is bound by and complies with the National Privacy Principles contained within the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 (Cth), and the obligations set out in Part 13 of the Telecommunications Act 1997 (Cth).
How to Contact Us
You can contact Pivotel Satellite by ringing our Customer Care team on 1300 882 448, or by sending an email to email@example.com. If you need to write to us, our contact details are:
Pivotel Satellite Pty Limited
Locked Bag 100
Southport Mail Centre QLD 4215
Our Purpose for Collecting Your Personal Information
Pivotel Satellite collects personal information about you for the purpose of providing you with personalised mobile communication services.
The collection of this personal information allows us to provide a responsive and informed customer care service, to issue you with accurate and personalised bills, and enables us to enhance and tailor our products and services to meet your needs.
Types of Personal Information We Collect
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- telephone numbers;
- email addresses;
- service details (eg. service type, location, date, time, duration of calls, volume of data sent or received, called numbers, expenditure etc)
- personal preferences; and
- contact histories
How We May Use Your Personal Information
In order to provide personalised wireless communication services to you, we may use your personal information for a number of purposes connected with our business. These purposes include:
- processing your order for Pivotel Satellite products and services;
- conducting credit checks and credit scoring activities;
- providing you with the products and services you have ordered from us;
- preparing and issuing your bills, and collecting the money you have spent on Pivotel products and services;
- updating and administering your account details;
- dealing with your requests, enquiries or complaints and any other customer care related activities;
- marketing our products, and carrying out market, product and service analysis activities generally;
- registering your details and fulfilling any requests or requirements you may have in relation to competitions, promotions, rewards, discounts, loyalty
schemes or any other benefits available to you as a customer;
- carrying out any activity required by, or authorised by the government or any legal or regulatory authority in connection with our business generally, or
specifically in connection with any legal proceedings, crime, fraud or other unlawful activity prevention, detection, investigation or prosecution; or
- any other purpose related to the purposes described above and which would be reasonably expected by you.
Our Privacy Commitment to You – Use of Personal Information
We will not use your personal information for any other purpose other than those purposes described above without your consent, unless there is a specified legal, law enforcement, or public health and safety issue involved.
When We May Disclose Your Personal Information
We may disclose or share your personal information, or receive personal information about you from:
- credit providers or credit reporting agencies for the purposes permitted under the Privacy Act 1988(Cth);
- law enforcement agencies to assist in the prevention, detection, investigation or prosecution of criminal or other unlawful activities; and
- our dealers, distributors and agents, our network carrier and mobile satellite service partners located in Australia and overseas, or any other
Pivotel Satellite related company for purposes that are connected with providing you with mobile communication services, and with which you would
reasonably expect us to disclose, share or receive personal information about you.
Our Privacy Commitment to You – Sharing Personal Information
We will not disclose or share your personal information with third parties for any other purpose other than those described above without your consent, or where there is no specified legal, law enforcement or public health and safety issue involved.
We will not share or disclose your personal information to third parties unless you have consented to us disclosing or sharing your personal information with them, or they have contracted with us to protect your personal information, or they are themselves obligated to protect your personal information.
Quality and Security of Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date, and we will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure.
Where we no longer need your personal information for a purpose described above, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or otherwise remove your identity from that information.
Access to Your Personal Information
Upon your request, we will take reasonable steps to provide you with access to your personal information unless there is some legal, law enforcement, public health and safety or specified business issue involved.